I served up this sugar-free nutty granola at my Yoga & Brunch workshop recently, and lots of you have asked for the recipe… So here goes!
Firstly, making your own granola is a much healthier and cheaper alternative to buying branded options in the supermarket… It is often over-priced and filled with refined sugar.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes
You’ll need a large mixing bowl & two baking trays.
Here’s what you goodies you’ll need in the food cupboard to make this yummy breakfast granola:
Rolled Oats – 3 cups
Coconut Oil – table spoon
Cinnamon – teaspoon
Honey – table spoon
Maple Syrup – table spoon
1 cup of each of these:
I added a lot of nuts but whatever nuts/ seeds take your fancy will work.. If you want it more savoury then honey and maple syrup you can miss out or just add one of these.
- Pop the oven on at 150 degrees.
- Add your oats to a large mixing bowl. In a small separate bowl mix the coconut oil, honey, maple syrup and cinnamon together until blended together. Add the wet mixture to the oats and stir until you feel the oats are coated.
- Finely chop the almonds, walnuts and cashews. Add these to your mix along with the sunflower seeds and pumpkins seeds. * keep the coconut, goji berries and raisins to one side for now.* Give the granola a good mix!
- You’ll need two baking trays, lightly greased with coconut oil. Spread the granola over both baking trays and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes you can add the desiccated coconut, goji berries and raisins – bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Voila! Your healthy granola is good to go, store in air tight container for up to 1 month.
I love mine served with fresh seasonal fruit and natural yoghurt! Enjoy 🙂